On November 10, 2014 the Mexican Federal Government published on the Official Gazette of the Federation the Regulatory Provisions of the Federal Law of Economic Competition. Herein below please find the description of the Regulatory Provisions that deal with the following:
- The anticompetitive behavior and general rules for the analysis and determination of relevant market, substantial power, barriers to competition and free concurrence and essential conditions of effective competition.
- The Procedures of the general rules applicable to the investigation procedures into monopolistic practices and illegal concentrations.
- Hearing procedures.
- Verification visits.
- The procedure followed in court.
- The evidence and means of proof.
- Procedures established in Articles 94 and 96 of the Law.
- Procedures for issuing opinions or judgments on licensing, concessions, licenses and related.
- The procedure in order to request the benefit provided for in Article 103 of the Law.
- The requests for general guidance.
- Formal reviews/opinions.
- The procedure for the issuance of promoting competition opinions.
- The Procedure for the issuance of education, research and general reports referred to in Article 12, Section XXIII of the Law.
- Procedures by electronic means.
- Precautionary Measures.
- Enforcement measures and sanctions.
- Annual work program and quarterly reports.
- Public consultations.
For further reference please go to http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5367678&fecha=10/11/2014 to view the Spanish version of the corresponding Regulatory Provisions of the Federal Law of Economic Competition. Sincerely, Ernesto Velarde Danache, Inc.
Ernesto Velarde Danache, Inc. Mexican & International Lawyers 1650 Paredes Line Road, Suite 101 Brownsville, Texas 78521 Tel: (956) 548-9098 Fax: (956) 548-1656 www.velardedanache.com